Example DASH survey and DASHboard
- Online test version of DASH survey questions (English) (does not collect data)
- Example DASH data dashboard (with dummy data)
How organisations can use DASH data
- Six activities that use your DASH data to improve digital ways of working (PDF). Also available in Welsh.
- Organisational benefits (PowerPoint). This short slide deck explains the reasons why organisations should consider using DASH to support their digital strategy and the digital development of their staff and volunteers. It also provides example images of the dashboard, worksheets and questions that are of particular relevance to organisations.
Resources for personal reflection
- Personal reflection worksheet (PDF). This worksheet duplicates some of the key questions from DASH and as well as providing some additional prompts that can allow you to move forward with your use of digital. We hope you will consider completing it and using it as a prompt to talk with others inside and outside your organisation, or look for online resources, or to use in future annual reviews.
- Personal audit of digital skills for heritage (MS Excel). This Excel file lists different digital skills relevant to those working in the heritage sector. They are grouped into 12 areas. This resource is designed to be used by individuals as an opportunities to audit and reflect on their personal digital skills, and identify things they find of interest and want to learn more about.
Resources to support digital development
- Heritage Digital. Sign up to receive regular updates, access to resources and invitations to events and webinars.
- Digital Heritage Lab. Access to resources designed to support small to medium heritage organisations and their staff who are seeking to develop their digital capabilities and capacity. Topics covered include digital marketing, fundraising, social media, accessible websites, getting started with eCommerce, digital audience engagement and broadening your online engagement. You can also explore the AMAculturehive which holds thousands of free case studies, toolkits, articles and how to guides on marketing, audience development, fundraising, organisational development and leadership.
- Leading the Sector (Culture24). Leading the Sector is a professional development course in Digital Leadership for a cohort of 16 leaders from medium-to-large heritage organisations across the UK. It finishes in 2021, and you can learn more about the organisations involved and the resources generated via this link.
- NLHF Digital Guides. These five guides cover topics including making online content accessible to all, and working with children and young people online. They are available from this link, which also summarises some of the other projects above.
- Digital Culture Compass. The Digital Culture Compass is an online toolkit to support arts, culture and heritage organisations to integrate digital technology into their work. It has two elements: a Charter that outlines digital best practices and a Tracker that allows organisations to assess their approach to digital technology and develop plans for future work. The Compass has been commissioned by Arts Council England in partnership with the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
Other DASH resources
- Digital badge – show people your organisation is involved!
- Sign-up form questions (English) (PDF)
- DASH survey questions (English) (PDF)
- Sign-up form questions (Welsh) (Coming soon)
- DASH survey questions (Welsh) (Coming soon)
- DASH Day webinar slides (PPTX, 13MB)
- Northern Ireland DASH workshops (March 2022) (PDF, 4MB)